Sunday, June 16, 2013

Timing is Everything

for Cindy and Ron
The Crooked Little House Awaits Your Return


I thought of you the other day, Cindy and Ron, as I sat at the bar at Tortuga's with a friend, sinking my teeth into a teriyaki burger. I wished you had been alongside me enjoying the best burger on the beach.

Sometimes, for reasons unknown, you form a closeness with people you may only see once or twice a year. My friends, Cindy and Ron, visited my island recently from a land far away called Ohio. We have known each other for a number of years, beginning with their fondness for my quirky little paintings, collecting them as the years went by. It was
inevitable that we would get to know each other, sharing laughter and good food as each year brings us closer. Close friends know I rarely bring anyone into TCLH unless I know them well.  It's important to me that I keep the "vibes" in my house positive and loving. But Ron and Cindy have always been welcome.

Many discussions have evolved regarding their dream of transplanting themselves to the island. The time isn't right just yet but it will come; I am sure of it. I think the trick is realizing that the time is never going to be perfect for any decision, and one must always keep in mind the fact that time can run out. So until the day arrives when you, Cindy and Ron, are cresting that bridge with all your belongings, here are some pics I know you'll recognize from your visits. I hope they remind you of our friendship and know The Crooked Little House waits for you.






"All changes, even the most longed for, have their
melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another."

 Anatole France


4 comments:

  1. Liz..you know TCLH holds great memories for me! I love reading your posts each week and feel closer to the moments I shared in that home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Debbie. I always think of your Mom here and hope she approves of what I've done. I think the warmth in this little house comes from her.

    ReplyDelete