Wednesday, January 22, 2014

There's a kind of a hush...

under the pergola
After a restless night listening to the wind race around The Crooked Little House like a wolf at the door, I awoke to the kind of hush that used to tell me that school would have surely been cancelled. Through the slotted opening in the curtain that Erb had created overnight, a brilliant light leaked in daring me to uncover and step onto the cold floor. I opened the curtains all the way to reveal a wonderland of white.

We don't get a lot of snow here, mostly brutal winds and rain. But today, snow coated the yard and ice layered the streets. I did go out though because there is nothing quite like the air on a snowy morning. The bypass was as clear of vehicles as when we have an evacuation for a hurricane so driving was easy though a bit slick. As you can see, I scattered some seed on the table for the doves to find since the temps are frigid and they can use all the help they can get.

copyright E.M. Corsa 2014
I brought a new painting down to Seaside Art Gallery for their upcoming show, Animals in Art. As you can see, I am focused on spring even with the cold temperatures and snow. The reception is always a fun evening so go to their website to check it out. You can see the show online and get the time and date for the reception if you're going to be in town. I'd love to see you!

seasideart.com


2 comments:

  1. More snow than that here, but equally empty roads! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

      Delete