Saturday, February 15, 2014

A New Friend

For those of you that have been reading this blog for some time, you'll recall how devastated I was when my old friend Silver died. Well, a few days ago we had another bit of snow, and in the morning I saw fresh opossum tracks on the deck under the pergola. It would appear I now have another opossum coming to call each evening. It will take a while to become friends I'm sure, but I'm quite excited since I really love these guys. Their hisses and growls are almost always all "bark and no bite". Here's a pic of a painting I had done of Silver as he was warming himself in the March sunshine a couple of years back.

2 comments:

  1. How cool is that! :) We still have ours show up occasionally here for leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to think Silver sent him to me. He loves the peanut butter I put out for the birds.

      Delete