Monday, March 24, 2014

Catching the Winds

I love Tibetan prayer flags and always have a set flying at my house. Devout Tibetans believe prayer flags bless the air as it passes through the flags. This is believed to heighten awareness, gladden the spirit and celebrate the universe.

This resonates with me in a big way; the way I live my life and the way I try to treat every other sentient being on earth. The flags are a reminder to me to slow down, take a minute and be grateful for all I have and wish the same for the universe.

While I love the traditional prayer flags, I also believe there is great power in what we create ourselves as long as the intention is honorable. So these winds of ours have inspired me to make my own prayer flags which as they disintegrate in a garden will cast my wishes out to the universe. This blue one is for a special friend. I know I don't need more "stuff" and I don't believe he does either so I am giving him wishes for his birthday this year. Each flag I make has a little drawing of a bird sewn onto it. Keep your eyes open; you may find one waiting just for you.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Honey. Maybe one will come your way!

      Delete
  2. These are fabulous! I too have Tibetan prayer flags, and love them. Thanks for such a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rose. I like the idea of being able to customize them; I had sent one based on good health to a close friend of mine struggling with a health issue. I like to think it helped play a part in keeping her well.

    ReplyDelete