Saturday, March 15, 2014

If today had a melody...

New prayer flags flutter under the pergola.
If today had a melody it would be a tune presented only with a flute. After a long winter, the sun broke through the darkness with a song; birds singing and light dancing to the tune of a lilting melody. I used to think Autumn was my favorite time of year, but it has fooled me for years. Spring is queen, rebirth on every wafting breeze and in every bud just waiting to burst forth.

I threw open the windows to the delight of Buddha and Erb. It's still a bit chilly but the air will freshen the rooms, and with a sprig of rosemary tucked into my freshly laundered pillowcases, I'll dream the dreams of youth.

5 comments:

  1. They complete my home don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I love your prayer flags, in fact I googled them and decided I want some too!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Deb. I have a set inside also. When I want a special gift for someone I make a set with fabrics and papers, offering wishes specific to that person. And I have made a single one too for my own garden.

      Delete