Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Just Words

copyright E.M. Corsa 2014
I received a high honor today. A letter came with a check for an award I had won, and while money is always appreciated, what I am most grateful for is the fact that the person sending me the award money took the time to include the judge's words. My painting, (Inked), was described this way, "Controlled chaos, detailed placement of objects - a happy darkness." I have never received such a cool review, and I am most grateful.

Art is first and foremost about the act of creating, and then it's about the joy you experience when someone truly likes what you did. They don't even have to like it; if it brings a reaction, that's good enough. The judge may never know the impact her words and insights had on me. It is making me think in a new way - how I can explore a new realm perhaps, and that result is invaluable. I will bank those words for future use.

The miniature show at Seaside Art Gallery is on the horizon. Here are three pieces I have entered called, If the Shoe Fits #1, #2 and #3.
copyright E.M. Corsa 2014

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Have you already posted a picture of Inked on here? I'd love to see it - not only because I think your work is great, but because the words of the judge have piqued my curiosity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment. The juror's comments fit perfectly. I've always wanted to do some edgier stuff so this might be the prompting I needed. I'll add the pic of the painting again for you. I'm also working with a large company on a new product line as well as a smaller, local company. Check out: facebook.com/emcorsa

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I do remember it now. It's great and so unique. Love the background too! Off to check out your facebook page.

      Delete
    3. Thanks so much. The background was fun to do.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic! :) A good review can work wonders for the creative soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should know since you get tons of them and all are well-deserved!

    ReplyDelete