Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Happiest Place On Earth...

No, not THAT place; but for me, this is it! I spent yesterday with my best pal Eve and my son and his wife at
feeding the budgies
the Sylvan Heights Waterfowl Park in Scotland Neck, NC. As I understand it, it's the largest waterfowl park in the world offering the chance to walk through the exhibits with little restriction. By this I mean, you are right up close and personal with the birds. We hand fed budgies and flamingos and met birds from all over the world.

I didn't bring a sketchbook this time because it tends to hold people up if I'm sketching. They feel like they have to wait for me which in turn makes me feel guilty. But I am planning a return trip alone, with just my paints, pens, brushes and  sketchbook. If you ever have the opportunity, you MUST go and experience these birds.


Check out the website:  www.shwpark.com

6 comments:

  1. Such an amazing day, the most fun I've had in a long, long time. :) Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a perfect day! We need more of these my love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Looking forward to the possible road trip in July! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ELIZABETH~HUBBY AND I ENJOYED THESE PICS W/BIRDS VERY MUCH!
    THANKS FOR SHARING.
    LOOKS LIKE INSPIRATION FOR A NEW SERIES TO ME:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Already working on a black swan from Australia and of course the flamingos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. we explored the waterfowl website! we had a glorious morning looking at all the birds:)

    ReplyDelete