Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Morning Lesson

As I opened the garage door this morning, a flurry of feathers drifted down followed by my resident Merlin who swooped into the garage in a panic. He must have plucked a mourning dove from the pergola and lost it when I opened the door and surprised both of them. While he was in the garage he flew at the window and finally, when he no longer felt threatened, he flew out the door, no doubt searching for another breakfast.

Of course my camera was inside the house, but here's a pic of his wingprints against the window. Falcons are said to be a symbol for patience, and using control in speed and movement. It tells us to recognize opportunities and act on them only when it's the correct moment. So I will be patient yet be prepared to act when new opportunities arise. Good lesson.

1 comment: