Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Season of Rebirth and Remembrance

One of my favorite things about spring in Massachusetts where I grew up was pussy willows appearing like magic in the woods. I would bring them inside to fill my favorite yellow vase with the tulips on it; smokey-colored felines curled up along burnt umber tinted stalks. I no longer find pussy willows waiting for me on this island and must be content to bring in soon-to-bloom branches from my wild cherry tree. The blossoms are lovely but somehow they don't compare to the magic of the pussy willows.

I have a wonderful sister-in-law and brother still living in Massachusetts that I miss dearly. She knows how much I love pussy willows and today I received a gorgeous wreath that she had made for me to adorn my front door. A little bit of home for my home. I may have lived here for 19 years, but New England will always be my home. Thank you Sharon.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Liz...that's the front door that holds a LOT of wonderful memories! Thanks for coming by today....and thanks for the print. I'll be in touch soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you Deb. And it was my pleasure. Talk soon.

      Delete