Thursday, June 5, 2014

Always Recycle

I don't know if any of you remember when I spent a year painting cloudscapes, en plein air, in my backyard. I had a wonderful showing at the aquarium and now I still have a drawer full of them left. I can't stand the thought of my clouds never seeing the light of day, especially since they were the light of certain days, so I've begun using them as backgrounds for new paintings.

Here's the first attempt called, "Take Out". It's on its way to Seaside Art Gallery in the morning.

I began with a light pencil sketch of the subject.
After adding the water, I began work on the tree limb.
Here's the finished painting.
Copyright E.M. Corsa 2014

2 comments:

  1. what a fabulous use of your hidden away cloud paintings. I just love the transformation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you have just made my morning! I have been following your work for some time and am so enamored with it. Thank you for looking at mine.

    ReplyDelete