Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Frog Wizard

I used to have a lot of frogs in my yard. I remember falling asleep to a lullaby sung by spring peepers and waking to the harsh croak of my rooster frog that lived behind the shutters. But not this year.

Whether it be the change in climate, over-development of the neighborhood or the huge amounts of pesticides being sprayed carelessly over every living thing; all I know is the frogs are gone and I miss them.

So this next painting is entitled, Eclipse, and it depicts a frog wizard who will cast a spell and return to me all the frogs, mantis, garden spiders, glass lizards and other lovely creatures that have seemingly disappeared from The Crooked Little House.

This painting is using another cloudscape as a background. I'll be showing it in steps once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment