Monday, December 8, 2014

Deck the...mantle

I don't have halls to deck so I content myself with decorating the mantle and table tops. And my
subjects of choice are trees. I am addicted to funky, old Christmas trees and place them everywhere there's space. Some are quite old, some a bit tattered, but all are loved and share equal billing around the holidays.

As much as I love a real Christmas tree and have fond memories of cutting one down each year when the boys were young (I'm from New England after all), now that it's just me I've given in to a long-held desire for a vintage silver Christmas tree.

So this past weekend while the wind and rain beat at the windows and doors, I unpacked all my little trees and put up the big one. I went to bed last night and slept uneasily, waiting to hear a crash when Erb tried to climb the tree. But to my surprise, this morning brought a tree still standing with all the ornaments intact.

Wishing everyone the most joyous holiday season.




No comments:

Post a Comment