Sunday, December 14, 2014

Guess what I'm doing this weekend?

Copyright E.M. Corsa 2014
Just like many of you, this time of year I lug out the flour, colored sugars and decorations in preparation for baking my holiday cookies. Ever since my boys were little, I have made Santa head cookies - a lemony sugar cookie decorated with red sugars, marshmallows, raisins, coconut and those red cinnamon candies that can break a tooth if you're not careful. My boys are grown now but I think they would be disappointed if these treats didn't make an appearance.

And because I live on an island where blue crabs are a favorite food, I also make my Blue Crab Christmas cookies, covered in blue sugars and those darn red candies for eyes. They are large and difficult to make successfully since I always lose a few claws in the process. But I just tuck those away for me to munch on later with a glass of milk and a Christmas movie.

Happy Baking to all and to all...a diet in January.


No comments:

Post a Comment