Monday, December 1, 2014

Morning, Afternoon and Evening Performances

We had a nice crop of berries on the American Beauty Berry bush, holly bushes and chokeberry
bushes so I delayed putting out the bird feeders this year. But as the weather turned colder and the bushes became bare, I finally hung the feeders.

Buddha and Erb have front row seats to all the antics of the finches, jays, Eurasian Collared doves, chickadees, wrens, and others that now swarm the feeders. I have also begun slathering the deck rail with offerings of peanut butter. The wrens just love gobbling it up.

The cats are amused for hours on end and I have subjects to sketch all day long.


4 comments:

  1. Love your birds! Didn't know wrens would eat peanut butter - will have to try that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! They love peanut butter, especially the crunchy kind. And, they also eat sunflower seed which surprised me. I love your bird drawings too! I think birds are my favorite subject to draw.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Nice to hear from you! Until we meet again.

      Delete