Sunday, December 28, 2014

My fabulous new hex sign to keep me safe.
Holidays are not my thing. I thrive on the everyday aspects of my life; no disruptions, getting to paint almost daily, a quiet house. But this year I was so fortunate to have my brother and his wife, my youngest son and his wife and my oldest son all present for a number of days. The gifts were lovely and well thought out, and I even got a new hex sign for The Crooked Little House. And there was more food than I've had in the house for a month.

My brother John and his wife Sharon.
But I do believe one of the most enjoyable activities we all shared was going through the box of old photographs. You know the one; it sits in a closet, stuffed to the brim with pics, report cards, attendance awards, newspaper clippings, and rarely sees a sliver of light. We pulled piles of black and white photos with the scalloped edges out, as well as the old color ones from when the boys were young. We tried to remember all the people staring back at us. Laughter ensued and memories were released into the air, wrapping around us like hugs from those long gone.

Zach and Denise had to leave first. So the rest of us spent the remainder of the holiday break in the wild; celebrating the gorgeous weather and wildlife. So here's some pics from my family Christmas for you to see before I get back to the routine of my quiet life.

Pea Island
Sandy Run Park
Coquina Beach
Bodie Island
Nags Head Woods
Bodie Island
Sandy Run Park







3 comments:

  1. Awesome! :) Wish I could've stayed for the wild excursions with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you could have stayed too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least we won't go so long without seeing each other this time (I'l be sure of it!)

    ReplyDelete