Tuesday, December 2, 2014

One of Those Nights

Every so often, I just can't focus on my work. I stare blankly at the paper, pencil in hand, brushes nearby, and nothing. Tonight was one of those nights.

This is where keeping a sketchbook comes in handy. I can justify moving over to my sketchbook because I'm still working only in a different format. My freshest drawings and paintings appear in this book because the pressure is off. No one will see the sketches unless I choose to share them.

So tonight I worked on a study of my messy work table. The perspective is all off and the shadows aren't quite right but it was challenging and fun to do. I feel like I accomplished something; maybe not what I had intended but it's still art nonetheless.

from the sketchbook of E.M. Corsa  copyright 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment