Thursday, December 18, 2014

Packed and Ready

Summer is so busy on this island that I don't make the time to go out and explore my favorite haunts. But now that things have slowed up for me, I can once again venture to Pea Island or Alligator River and do some sketching. So I thought it might be fun to show you what I take with me in my pack.

Two sketchbooks. One is handmade and I use this one for tree studies. The rubber band comes in handy when it's windy and I need to keep the pages from ruffling.


I bring an assortment of pens and pencils; none too valuable so if I lose one, no big deal. My friend Lola turned me on to these Crayola Twistable colored pencils. I LOVE these - vivid pigment and never needs sharpening. They layer beautifully too.


I took an old vintage Prang watercolor tin and outfitted it with my own colors and a couple of beat up old brushes. Once again, if I misplace one or a squirrel runs away with it, not a problem. I also throw in some paper towels, a plastic cap to hold water and a water bottle.


And it all goes into this fabulous thrift store pack I found that has a zillion pockets. I also sling a Walkstool (best folding seat on earth) over my arm and don a hat for paper blindness.




No comments:

Post a Comment