Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Spring Skies and Devotion

Last Saturday I was driving home from a show, tired and weary. I kept glancing up and saw a spring sky that kept developing into a luscious cloudscape of blues, violets, sienna, and yellow. Try as I might, I couldn't stop looking and finally at 5:15 pm I pulled off the road and did some sketches.

This is the first spring sky I've noticed; my favorite skies of the whole year and the perfect backdrop for the momma osprey I've been visiting at a favorite haunt of mine. She is a gorgeous bird and a devoted mom. I watch the father fish nearby and fly back and forth from the nest. I could stay there all day, entranced by this pair of love birds.

This is rather large for me, 9 X 17, and I must admit I loved working bigger. Hmmmmmmmmm. It's going to frame out to a 16 X 24. I will use it as my centerpiece for my solo show, Between Heaven and Earth, at the end of April.

Copyright E.M. Corsa


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, and the moody sky really adds to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much RH. I must say, I am quite proud of this one. I don't know what I like to paint more, birds or clouds.

    ReplyDelete