Sunday, May 24, 2015

National Turtle Day

RH Carpenter who writes a fabulous blog, Watercolor and Words, posted that yesterday was National Turtle Day. Though I'm a day late, I would like to join in the celebration of these swell shells that live at The Crooked Little House and nest on our beaches. Of course, it's not just your regular box turtles that live in my yard, The Crooked Little House is home to a very rare species, the Turtledove, and they are only found here; no where else on earth. I wanted to take a photograph for you but they are quite shy so you'll have to accept this little painting. How lucky am I?!

Copyright E.M. Corsa 2015

2 comments:

  1. Too cute!! I wonder if he can fly with those small wings or needs larger ones? But, then, turtles don't weigh very much! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is quite vain, like a woman wanting to squeeze into a smaller shoe size. I'm guessing these are for show.

    ReplyDelete