Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Unexpected Company

I've had visitors of all sorts lately. Each night, someone is going after my big feeder under the pergola, knocking it down and spilling all the seed. I suspect it's a raccoon. So I may take the feeder down for good today, at least for the summer, and just scatter seed on the table.

And for the first time in many years, I have a female Eastern Towhee coming to feed several times a day, bouncing back and forth between the table and the trumpet vine. Such a beautiful bird. Unlike the male with his striking black bib, the female has a dark brown one along with bright red eyes.

Copyright E.M. Corsa 2015

6 comments:

  1. I'm learning so much more about birds since reading you blog. What special creatures they are. So captivating, entertaining, industrious, and endearing. Thank you for sharing your art and dialogue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't thank you enough Patty. I am going through a difficult time right now and nature soothes me. You'll never know how much your comment meant today. It's nice to know someone enjoys my little blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A walk on a beach, or through woods, or a meadow...best cure for soul aches.

      Delete