Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day

I miss my Dad. He died way too young. I remember so many amazing things we did together. He was a professional golfer and owned a golf course yet he always made time for my brother and me; hiking, fishing, building a skating rink each winter, working to build up icy layers on cold New England nights after working hard all day.

The other father in my life, or rather my boys lives, is my brother John. When my husband left, my two boys were very young. My brother stepped in and showed them what it means to be a good father; setting a good example as my Dad had done and spending valuable time with them. And though my boys are now grown men, because of John they too will be wonderful fathers one day when the time is right. My brother has always been there for them and for me, and I know he will continue to be for many years to come.

Happy Father's Day to all those men who value their role as a father.

My Dad on tour.

My brother when he was here last Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment