Monday, August 10, 2015

Here a chick, there a chick

I suddenly have lots of chickadees at The Crooked Little House. I can sense Autumn's approach; the light is changing, leaves are yellowing, the air smells differently, and perhaps the chickadees are arriving sooner. I know they are here in the summer but I rarely see them. But once fall sets in, they are bouncing all over the pergola.

So here's a little miniature I finished last night based on a few sketches and pics of a very tame chick. It measures 2 1/2 by 3 1/4 inches, set into a vintage frame.  Inquiries: ofcorsa3@gmail.com

Copyright E.M. Corsa

2 comments:

  1. Chickadees are such cute little things and we, luckily, have them all year long :) Today - for the first time this summer - I saw a hummingbird!! I've been keeping out the feeder for it but never saw one and thought the sweet water was just evaporating. Now I think maybe we do have a little hummer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fabulous! Take a pic of him, or her, and do a painting!!!!

    ReplyDelete