Wednesday, August 26, 2015

More Than Just a Pretty Color

This is the time of year our island hosts the most interesting skies. I am not usually drawn to painting sunsets. I love watching them but the clouds themselves are rarely interesting enough to prompt me to get out the easel and paints. Usually sunsets are all about the colors.

But last night, the early evening brought swirling pinks and mauves and taupes to decorate the sky in the northwest. I don't usually have the opportunity to focus on this direction until the seasons shift since most of our weather comes in from the southwest during the warmer months, bringing thunderheads and buttermilk skies.

So here's my offering from last night, just a hint of what's to come at the end of summer and the beginning of Autumn.

August 25, 2015    7:30 pm    North West



No comments:

Post a Comment