Thursday, September 17, 2015

End of Season Event

I spent yesterday in the village of Corolla hosting an outdoor event. As my work evolves through the years, I will let some of my reproductions go out of print or I will discontinue those that aren't strong sellers. Some artists have "sales" while others don't believe in them. For me, my line of reproductions is also part of my business of being an artist, and if inventory becomes too much, I have a yearly sale just like other businesses do. This only applies to my reproduction line. I never discount or put my original work on sale.

Each artist must decide what's best for them. My way of conducting business has allowed me to make a good living solely from my art. So, all that being said, yesterday was a big success for me; extra money, less inventory and a lot of very happy clients; some new, some old. The "old" clients look at this as a thank you for their continued patronage. The new customers were excited and hopefully will now become collectors. It's also going to allow me get a big project off the ground this winter. More on that later.

When I got home, a bit tired and worn out, this fellow was hanging about the pergola, fiddle in hand. Tsk, tsk...as the ants say, "Winter is coming!"

copyright E.M. Corsa 2015



2 comments:

  1. Glad you can make a living from your art - not many can. I think you have a good business plan for yourself and it's working well. Someday I may be able to see your work in person :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for those kind words. I'd like one day to meet YOU in person!

      Delete