Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Rock Hound

I have always had a love affair with rocks. My dad would take my brother and myself rock hunting when we were young and that continued as we became adults. My children have also joined in and both have a true love of hunting for rocks and fossils. My current collection is quite extensive and they live in every room of my house.

I remember as a child having one of these souvenir rock bracelets. I think my Dad had gotten it for me. They were made in the 50s, at least the original ones. I'm sure they still make them now. I was fortunate to find a couple of the old ones recently.

This Rock Hound bracelet includes a rhinestone brooch in the center and two dangles. One dangle holds one of my bird images and the other shows the word earthen, taken from a mid 1800s dictionary. I want the wearer of the this bracelet to be reminded of our connection to the earth and the power of each stone.

Rock Hound

2 comments:

  1. What a nice collection in this bracelet, I'm sure it will find a good home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rhonda. It has really struck a chord with people. Everyone seems to have had one when they were young.

    ReplyDelete