Sunday, November 22, 2015

That's a Wrap

one of my charms
Well, the first big show of the season is over. I slept like it was the night before Christmas, not a mouse or cat stirred or at least I didn't hear them if they did.

This was one of the best shows ever, and I want to say how much I appreciate all the work the volunteers did at the church. It takes an enormous amount of effort to put on a show of this caliber, and they did a splendid job. I also so appreciate all the people that attended and stopped by my booth to spend their hard earned money on my art. I am so grateful.

I met fabulous people; a lot of them knew of me so it was great to meet my collectors face to face. I also saw some friends I haven't seen in ages, and I met and made some new ones.

One of the greatest things about doing a good show is that you learn so much, if you're open to it. I have learned that you have to be flexible and offer new, exciting work. No one wants to see the same thing over and over each year. Some artists blame slow sales on where they are placed or have other excuses other than the fact they have been doing the same thing in exactly the same way for years. You don't have to change WHAT you do, but HOW you do it might make all the difference.

a portion of my booth
This year I offered my work in a jewelry line; still my whimsical images but a new medium along with the old standards of cards and originals. I found certain jewelry items didn't work and others were incredibly successful. So now I know what and where to put my efforts. As I said, a great learning experience.

Now, off to the studio to create more work for this coming week: two more shows!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good learning experience and worth the effort! Now off to make more things for holiday shoppers online?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some, but now I've got to replenish for two more shows this week, Friday and Saturday, then a huge (one of largest on the east coast) shows the first weekend in Dec. I'm getting too old for this! ;)

      Delete
  2. Busy busy lady!! Best of luck on all the shows:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I love being busy though and the shows are such fun. Happy Thanksgiving to you Rhonda. Hope the holiday season brings you joy and good health and lots of artistic endeavors!

      Delete