Tuesday, December 15, 2015

A Reminder

A friend sent me a pic of one of my prints, "Cat Scan," from years ago that she had purchased. She wanted to share how she had it framed. I think she did a great job of it. Lots of people honor me by sending in pics of their collections of my work, and I am so grateful. But this one was a bit different because it took me back to a very difficult time in my life. Most people know about it but for those who don't, I guess I can share that I had cancer six years ago. So seeing this print brought it all back, the pain, fear, and uncertainty but also the compassion, kindness and caring of my family and this fabulous community I am so lucky to be a part of. But most of all, it reminded me of one quality I had forgotten I possessed.

Thank you Judy for reminding me of how strong I really am.



2 comments:

  1. A very interesting piece, Elizabeth. And when you create art during that most difficult and frightening time, some of the most powerful pieces come out. How nice to see your pieces framed and hanging on your collector's walls :) Thank goodness you survived the cancer and are now good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rhonda. I haven't shared this publicly before but as soon as I did, I heard from someone whose mom is fighting too. Perhaps it brings a bit of peace to her knowing she's not alone.

    ReplyDelete