Thursday, December 10, 2015

Pergola Pony

I've been taking a little time off lately to do my favorite activity - paint outside.

This is a little impression of my pergola pony I did yesterday afternoon. I don't know why I love this so much but I do. Maybe it's because of the joy it brought me while painting it. It had been a long time since I've been able to get out and paint.

Here's a pic of the real pergola pony, hung amidst the trumpet vine. Most of you will think the sketch doesn't look anything like the real thing at all. But when the sun was poking through the bare branches, this is what I saw with my painterly eyes.

the real Pergola Pony

2 comments:

  1. What a very nice rendition of this pretty pony. You deserve some you time after all the shows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rhonda. I RARELY sell sketches from my sketchbook but a good customer really wanted this. So I made a copy for myself and am sending the original page off to her, tearfully I might add.

    ReplyDelete