Saturday, January 30, 2016

Fresh Air and Fresh Paint

Yesterday morning I kept going to the windows watching the clouds build in the north, and by 2 pm, they were rolling in from the southwest. I wanted to begin a new book using a cloud background for pages so I grabbed a sheet of 22 x 30 paper and my brushes and paints, threw on a heavy sweater and went out the door.

I usually work small so this was going to be fun. The only place I had to set a piece of paper that big was the bird seed-strewn picnic table. I didn't bother to tape the paper down, except for a spot on each side so the wind wouldn't take it, because I didn't want to miss the bank of clouds I had spied.

Using 3 inch flat brush, I went to town. When partially dried, I brought it in and hung it on the wall, the weight helping to flatten it out. It will be perfect if I can just bring myself to cut it up. But then again, the true joy is in the act of painting, not the final result.

Oh how I love to be outside painting cloudscapes!


No comments:

Post a Comment