Friday, January 15, 2016

Island Treasure Hunting

We have some good local thrift stores on my island. I go treasure hunting about once a week and usually find fabulous items like vintage, hand crafted frames and books with charming covers I then turn into sketchbooks. Sometimes I'll pick up a pretty dish to fill with baked goods to be dropped off at a friend's house, and just last week I scooped up four small, pottery owls to use as favors for a party I'm planning this spring.

But this week I found the most gorgeous skirt. I don't care that it's not an expensive label. It looks like someone poured paint all over it, making it perfect for me. It's been given a place in my closet where it can flirt with the winter clothes, while waiting for the first warmth of spring. It's also a reminder that there is absolutely no room for an extra pound to be gained. Dorothy doesn't seem impressed. But what does she know. She wore the same dress through the whole movie.




No comments:

Post a Comment