Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Remembering ...

I feel like part of my teenage years have been snatched out from under me this week with the loss of David Bowie and Glenn Frey. And then Alan Rickman, one of my all-time favorite actors, left me too. (I always had a huge crush on him.)

I don't think about age too often. I just try to make the most of each day, go to bed assuming I'll awake in the morning. I am in my early 60s and had always planned on having 20 more years or so to create. This week I have been brought up short with thoughts of an hourglass pouring sand much faster than I'd like.

But I can't change the cycle so on this cold day I will pull out the vinyl and play Bowie and the Eagles. Tonight, perhaps I'll pop in Love Actually, one of my favorite films with Alan Rickman. And I'll remember my younger years and the music and movies that kept time through each one of them.

Copyright E.M. Corsa 2015

2 comments:

  1. As I face another birthday later this month, I, too, have been thinking of the sand slipping through. 69 doesn't seem so old anymore when such people die - but, of course, cancer can take anyone at any time and it's a horrible stealing of lives and health. Hoping you do have 20 more years of productive, creative, and joyful times ahead! And I truly think you've just begun a symphony orchestra with this colorful guy!! (Sorry, watching Mozart in the Jungle so perhaps symphonies are on my mind! ha ha). Stay safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rhonda. I hope we all get all the time we desire. At least I have today!

      Delete