Friday, February 5, 2016

A Map of ...

 I love working with maps from my collection which are all from the 1800s. Because they are so old, the expired copyright allows me to reproduce them. As you've noticed, I have developed a series of paintings I call my Air Angels, and this project once again focuses on these winged beauties.

I'm going to show the project in steps since people have told me they enjoy seeing the process. Keep in mind, this is more than just a painting as you will see in the final pic.

So here's step one where I've begun laying out my subjects. This is just a portion of the map. All the air angels you see live at The Crooked Little House and have graciously posed for me many times. The drawings are based on my sketches and photographs.


Copyright E.M. Corsa  2016

2 comments:

  1. The beginning of this is beautiful! Lovely composition using the birds, the map and the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Rhonda. I so value your input.

    ReplyDelete