Thursday, February 25, 2016

Heart Flutters

You all know my passion for birds and collecting antique maps and charts. This one is a German medical chart of the heart. This brought to mind all the other things a heart does besides pump blood throughout our body. Our hearts soar at a new dawn on a spring day, sigh with the smell of a newborn and flutter at a first kiss. So this is my tribute to that magnificent, beating organ lodged in our chest. May it continue to bring joy.

Copyright E.M. Corsa  2016

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting combination for this one but you're right - our heart flutters for many reasons, both good and bad, and seeing our first hummingbird of the season is a good one :) It will be a long time before that happens here - maybe May? But it will happen, as it always does, and that same excitement will be there when the first vibrations of the wings are heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lucky; I have hummingbirds year round though of course I have more when my trumpet vine is in bloom. They seem to like the blossoms on the rosemary bush though.

    ReplyDelete