Monday, March 21, 2016

Decisions, Decisions

Sometimes artists have to make difficult decisions. Is a painting good enough to keep, important enough to show or should it be scrapped? But this new Air Angel painting required me to make one of the toughest decisions possible.

Last week I found a gorgeous cotton blouse at the thrift store. I couldn't believe my luck; it was a beautiful blue, perfect for my skin tone, with silver patches and it was in my size. The draping was unlike anything I had ever seen before and it fit perfectly. And then it happened.

It began as a whisper, worming its way into my brain, The creative soul that shares my life began to fight for the blouse. This has happened before and it's always about my favorite blouses. Wouldn't this look great in the new painting? Maybe I could steal just a small amount that wouldn't be noticeable. (That never works by the way.) Who won you ask? Look at the left side of the painting and you'll know.

Copyright E.M. Corsa  2016




No comments:

Post a Comment