Sunday, March 20, 2016

Feelin' Groovy on a Saturday

Sometimes, unexpectedly, you have one of those perfect days. A day when there's lots of laughter, invigorating conversation and of course inspiring ideas and art. Yesterday was one of those days.

My friends, John and Chris Riddick, two young artists, came for a visit, up from Charleston. I rarely have the chance to spend a large amount of time with them. But all the stars aligned yesterday and they had the time as did I; no orders to fill, no meetings to attend and no deliveries to make. The housework could wait as it does so often.

I had managed to hook John up with a new gallery who fell in love with work and took every piece he brought. And we delivered his and Chris's entry to the self-portrait show. We looked in thrift shops for treasures to turn into art; John and Chris found great objects, I found a great blouse. We ended the day having a seafood dinner with more friends and eating way too much. A picture perfect day and I can't wait to do it again.

I am fortunate to have lots of John work gracing The Crooked Little House both 
inside and out. Here are the newest pieces to move in.


John uses a lot of religious icons in his work which I am so drawn to. 
This one now rests above my mantle.



And this lovely Owl Goddess hangs near my bed. She watches over
me while I visit faraway lands in my sleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment