Saturday, April 9, 2016

Something Brewing

People often ask me where my ideas come from, especially when I work in a series which I am tending to do more and more. All I can say is, something will begin to brew and I let it take me as far as it will go.

And today, something started to simmer.


This morning, I was on the phone near a long vertical mirror which reflected the pergola outside. I was entranced by the image. It was so different than what I was used to seeing. So I began taking my camera around the house and shooting pics wherever a mirror would show me a reverse image. It honestly felt like I was in a different house, another dimension, perhaps... a wonderland of sorts.

So I'll leave it at that for now. Something is definitely brewing. Whether anything comes out of this doesn't really matter though I'm sure something will. For me this was a valuable experience, opening my eyes to a fresh way of looking at the ordinary with extraordinary possibilities just around the corner. We artists are a weird bunch aren't we?



No comments:

Post a Comment