Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Moonlight Sail

I get a tingle all over when I begin a new painting. There are no limits and no disappointments as yet so anything goes. I mull over the subject, play with the composition, choose the papers I want to use to accent the work.

This piece begins with a moonscape I had painted en plein air on May 16th at 8:45 pm. I was mesmerized by the moon and softness of the sky that night. If I hadn't been painting, I woiuld have jumped into my moon snail and gone for a quick ride around the bay.

So I chose that moonscape as a backdrop and pulled one of my moon snail shells as reference along with my papers; Japanese paper, woven metallic ones, etc. Now the fun begins as I piece it all together. If you look carefully, you can just make out the moon snail boat.


No comments:

Post a Comment