Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Never Forget

My son was one of the surgeons in Orlando on that horrible night. He worked with the best of humanity, treating innocent people that happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. He had written a moving post on his Facebook page, perhaps to help himself, perhaps to help others see what it was like. He didn't realize so many people would see it. It ended up being shared over 300,000 plus times. The post has now been removed but I will remember it forever; his blood-stained shoes, the sounds of a nightmare and the fact that it will live in his heart forever. This is tough stuff for a mom to grasp.

But it makes me think of my Dad. He never knew my boys but I have no doubt how he would be feeling right now. His blood runs in my son's veins. Part of Josh's courage, compassion and love came from him. So once again I show you my Dad's sailor cap perched atop my favorite sea creature. My children's initials are in this painting too. It's called, Inked.

We should be incredible proud Dad.

Copyright E.M. Corsa

No comments:

Post a Comment