Monday, June 6, 2016

Step Three

Step Three is all about the brave elephant. I layered my watercolors and worked in some Nupastels; sometimes blending with my finger and also adding water and working them with a brush. I love these semi soft color sticks because there are so many exciting ways to use them. They add a touch of a little something extra to my paintings.

The final step will show the mouse and a few additional tweaks to the elephant. The finished painting will be posted tomorrow.


4 comments:

  1. Very lovely work. The format is wonderful. Such a super way to focus on the elephant. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Deborah. I love working in different formats. It not only presents a more interesting piece but it offers a challenge which I personally enjoy. Have a great day yourself.

      Delete
  2. A few more tweaks and he'll be done.

    ReplyDelete