Sunday, July 24, 2016

Best Surprise Ever

I took quite a few pics and I think he's had enough.
Sometimes, out of the blue, you unexpectedly have a perfect weekend.

Late Friday night, my oldest son Josh, yes the surgeon from Orlando, showed up at my front door as a surprise. The house was a mess as was I but he didn't seem to care nor did I. All that mattered was that I had a chance to hold him close after not seeing him for a long, long time.

I had been worried about him after all he went through in Orlando. The pictures I saw of him made me so sad and concerned about his well-being. But for the next two days, I got to have some good talks with my son, stuff food into him in an effort to fatten him up a little, and let him sleep in without being disturbed.

There is just something about when your grown child is at home, sleeping peacefully under your roof, that brings the utmost in comfort to a parent. For a while, all is right with the world.

So now he is winging his way back to his home. I had one last chance to take one more selfie with him. So even though I have no makeup on, am squinting from the sun and this is perhaps the worst pic of me ever, I will share it with you. Just pay attention to the handsome man in the photo not the old woman next to him!


2 comments:

  1. How wonderful that he surprised you and you had such a great visit. I'm sure it helped heal his heart :)

    ReplyDelete