Tuesday, August 9, 2016

A Surprise in Store, I Mean Storage

It's always fun for me to clean out a drawer in the studio that I haven't looked into for a while. I find old prints I might want to rework, half finished paintings that should have been discarded as soon as I put the brush down, and occasionally something that I recall which brings a smile to my face and my heart.

I rarely paint people as you all know. I just find the animal world much more exciting. But a few years back I had the urge to paint a fairy. I did a sketch first then created a watercolor painting from the sketch. Honestly, I loved it. I recall when I decided to let it go out in the world, I brought it to one of the galleries that handles my work. The owner took it but said it probably wouldn't sell because people want my animal images. But I felt it might find a good home. And within a week or so, that is exactly what happened.

I don't have a pic of the painting to show you but I do have this little original sketch I found in my drawer. I'm so glad I saved her. She taught me to continue to paint what I feel like painting and have faith it will resonate with someone out there.

Copyright E.M. Corsa

No comments:

Post a Comment