Saturday, August 6, 2016

Show Season Has Begun

Every year, towards the end of summer, the show season kicks in. I am always so excited about highlighting new items and meeting new customers as well as greeting ones that I have known for years. Like going through childbirth, I seem to forget all the pain and effort of doing a show.

So this week I did the first two day show. Shows here are dependent upon the weather. If it rains for days before the show and the first day of the show happens to be a perfect beach day, well, you can guess where the customers will be. And if the second day of the show is just as perfect for sitting on the sand, well...

So no, the show was not the best I had ever done. BUT it was still worthwhile to do. I met some fantastic people, especially some young girls that I will never forget. I saw other artists I don't normally get to see except at shows. And, probably the most important part is that I got to see the reactions to the new offerings I displayed. This is such valuable feedback. Because no matter how much you like what you've created, it's not about you. It's about whether it will appeal to a large audience. Things I loved got no attention, others I was going to stop making were praised. You just never know.



So show season has begun. And now I am armed with more information to help me have a better show next month. Bring it on!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have a great set-up, which is half the battle. Good luck on all the shows to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Rhonda. Gettin' too old for this! ;)

    ReplyDelete