Thursday, September 22, 2016

What's Bugging Me Lately

This lovely lady resides next to my Camelia bush.
Thank you for allowing me some time to work on show preparations. I now have all my ducks in a row and would like to catch you up on what I've been up to. Shows of course, but I can't paint all the time. I have begun taking a few hours in the evening to pursue one of my other interests, sewing.


As you know by now, I love working in all kinds of mediums so when I acquired a large batch of vintage men's neckties, my brain started whirring. Right now I am concentrating on insects since I have a solo show at the state aquarium booked for Spring 2017. So I thought I could also "tie" in, (get it?) my love of insects with these ties.

I have always liked to wear a cool men's necktie as a scarf or looped around my neck. And now with insects, I'm hoping they'll appeal to both men and women. To see more, visit: emcorsaart.blogspot.com



2 comments:

  1. Now that's a one-of-a-kind necktie! Really cool. I hope they appeal to a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how many men even wear ties anymore, but I know lots of women who wear them. Thanks! Just loving your bees Rhonda!

    ReplyDelete