Sunday, October 30, 2016

Fun Art Not Fine Art

By Friday afternoon my horrid week was beginning to feel like just a bad dream. My roof is fixed, siding replaced, got a new Brother sewing machine and my computer is up and running again.

But I still felt a bit worn out and the prescription for that is going into the studio to play. My favorite medium is probably paper. I have buckets of the stuff; scraps of wrapping and decorative paper, art papers, hand made papers, etc. So I pulled all the containers out and decided to come up with some holiday offerings for my shows - affordable things adorned with my images of course. And none would be complete without a touch of glitter. This is not fine art, it is fun art.

My holiday cones have my images on the front and a bell tied on the back. They are perfect to stuff with candy or a small gift or just to hang as an ornament.



My paper hangings celebrate the season with my images, decorative papers and reproduced antique prints and charts from my collection.


Art - for the Fun of it!

4 comments:

  1. Fun can be very fine, indeed! Love your creativity and your respite into art from the worries of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rhonda. So hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post is really interesting. Your roof is fixed and I am fixing. My father suggested me Roof Repair Services for durable repair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nicole. I hope yours get repaired quickly!

      Delete