Thursday, October 6, 2016

Playing Hooky

I apologize once more dear readers for a lapse in posting. I've just come off three back to back shows so I hope you'll forgive me. But now I have a nice long break before the final rush in November and December.

I am so relieved we are going to be spared the storm this time but my son is in Florida as many of you know, so I am worried about him.

But yesterday, the weather on my island reminded me of why I love it here so much. The sun was out, the temps were in the 70s with no humidity and there was a lovely breeze. I ditched the studio and played hooky all afternoon, pruning bushes and doing the last little bit of yard work for the season.

I also dug my spot for my container water pond. It should have been an easy dig but then I hit massive roots from the ligustrum. What should have taken half an hour took much longer, but with some choice curse words and all the strength I could muster, I finished the job. These pics don't look like much now but come spring when the plants are added in the tub and around the edge, it'll be gorgeous.

A sweet lizard kept me company the whole time I was digging, and once I added the water, he hopped up on the edge to peek in. Soon he was joined by an inquisitive Carolina Wren and a wasp that stopped in for a drink. It certainly doesn't take long for wildlife to appear at The Crooked Little House.

Looks like I need to refill that feeder - again!

No comments:

Post a Comment