Sunday, November 13, 2016

A Little Show With Big Results

Ready to being setting up.
I had graciously been asked to join a handful of artists I had never met, in a small show I had never been to, at a library I had never seen. It was scheduled for the one weekend I had free for the rest of the year. So of course I said yes.

I knew of the work of one of the artists, pottery unlike anything I had ever seen. I knew whether I made any money or not, a piece of her work would be coming home with me. But I honestly didn't expect more than a couple of small sales. It was the wrong time of year in the sparsest location.



So I brought a little bit of everything including the inexpensive items I had been producing over the last few weeks. Not a one of them sold. But happily, I sold lots of small originals, textile items and other things I hadn't expected to move.



What a fun time it was; a lovely location, wonderful artists and old and new customers. You just never know. Thank you fellow artists for including me.




2 comments:

  1. What wonderful news! And it's even better when you did not expect it and yet people were there loving your work and letting you know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a fun little event, and we are now scheduling a workshop at the library!

    ReplyDelete