Monday, January 2, 2017

And We're Off

There are both American and Chilean Flamingos here.
Off and running head on into 2017!

Though I always look forward to the new year, this holiday season was one I'd love to hold onto. I got to spend time with all of my children which is the perfect way to end a year and a great way to start a new one.

On New Year's Eve, my oldest son Josh and I spent the day at one of my favorite places; Sylvan Heights Bird Park in Scotland Neck, NC. I have visited this park numerous times and have been fortunate enough to have exhibited my work there. I have gone there with my youngest son and his wife, took my friends there and now shared it with my oldest son.

So I thought I would start this year, taking you to the bird park too. These are only a few of the birds that live here. If you are ever out this way, make this a stop on your trip.

You can be sure some of these birds will become subjects in my paintings!

Horn Bills


The "Landing Zone" allows you to get close and personal with a wide variety 
of birds including these little Budgies as well as flamingos which you can 
hand feed as you see my son doing.




Fairy Crane

Victoria Pigeon


No comments:

Post a Comment