Saturday, February 11, 2017

Postcards from the Edge - of the Ocean

I have begun an interesting sideline to my outdoor sketching. I thought it would be a nice alternative to the photo postcards everyone buys on our island to offer an original watercolor one. This postcard can be sent through the mail and framed as a reminder of an Outer Banks vacation.

I had done a couple of them years ago, and after finding them buried in the back of a drawer, I decided to give it another go. I love the small format since it doesn't allow me to overwork or spend too much time on each one. Now, they are not all successful as you can see, but I think some are rather charming.

So now, while I'm outdoors sketching in my book, I do a little postcard too.




4 comments:

  1. These are wonderful additions to your sketches. But I would have a hard time actually mailing them to someone and not keeping them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to stick one in the mail to Randall on Monday and see if it makes it!

      Delete