Saturday, March 18, 2017

Foiled by Rain

spring trees at the pond
I am so used to getting outdoors everyday to walk and sketch that it's a real heartbreaker when I wake up to the sound of raindrops.

I had planned to venture down to Coquina Beach today to beachcomb for an upcoming class I'm teaching on drawing beach finds. I certainly have a large enough collection that I don't really need to go out to look for more shells, mermaid purses or driftwood. But I can't resist. Who knows what could have washed ashore over the last day or two. And with the season fast approaching, I need to make the most of these days that aren't filled with visitors.

So I decided to reserve Monday for the beach. I still spent my day at the beach painting, only it was from my sketches from my sketchbook. I am quite pleased with this one of East Bonnett St. dunes from a sketch I did a couple of days ago. And I didn't get any sand in the house!


Both of these paintings were done with watercolor on Yupo.

Dunes   Copyright E.M. Corsa 2017

4 comments:

  1. You have the knack with the Yupo - you can let it do its thing with watercolor or make the watercolor bend to your will and create something less impressionistic. Lovely work, both of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very kind Rhonda. I really enjoy working on it and I have Randall to thank for it. He encouraged me from the beginning. Artists like him are treasures for the rest of us.

      Delete