Wednesday, March 1, 2017

The Merry Mermaid

As I pulled out a stack of mail from my post office box, hope ran high. Maybe there would be something really cool among the advertisements for pizza and car tires and the usual clutch of bills. Perhaps there would be a real letter or even, just maybe, a check!

As a child I loved to get mail as most kids do. I was happy to be handed all the occupant mail and when a birthday rolled around, I was thrilled to receive a stack of cards wishing me much joy and many happy returns.

Now as children, we've all gotten notes from the Tooth Fairy and perhaps a letter from the big guy himself, Santa. But what about a letter from a mermaid at that beach where you vacationed. You swore you saw her once, playing in the waves just offshore.

So I have partnered with The Merry Mermaid who resides right here in the waters surrounding my island to bring a little birthday wish to a child. She and her friends have joined up to host a seaside birthday party. Check out the letters in my Etsy shop: etsy.com/shop/EMCorsaArtShop

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful for those little (and not-so-little) sealoving birthday boys and girls!! You are so clever. I just had a very nice visit with your Etsy shop and am amazed at your creativity and all you have there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rhonda. I am amazed at all you do and share with all of us. It truly is a wonderful gift you share. Glad you like this letter!

      Delete